Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Amazing Fish Tacos

I just started playing around and ended up with a meal that not only my husband and I love, but my 5 year old asked for seconds!!! That's when I know it was a success!

Put corn tortillas in the oven, some flat some hanging, at 275* for about 20 to make tostada and taco shells.
Layer 1: 1 can kidney beans, 1 can tomatoes and chilies, some jalepeno slices all mixed in a food processor and a spoonful on the shell.
Layer 2: talapia (or any white fish) cooked on the stove with olive oil, taco seasoning and Tony's Cajun seasoning, broken up and a layer on top of beans.
Layer 3: I sautéed orange bell pepper, zucchini, and spinach in the oil from the fish. Put some across the taco.
Top with cheese.

Amazing as a taco or a tostada!
It was a hot day and it was light with a side of strawberries!


1 comment:

  1. Yum!! I also add in another spread- plain Greek yogurt with cumin and taco seasonings added in (or similar seasonings). It's a nice spread my husband loves!

    ReplyDelete