Friday, April 26, 2013

Zucchini Lasagna (gluten free)

I said I would try the recipe for eggplant lasagna, but we arent big fans, so I used zucchini. They were small, so it took 4 zucchini's, but worth it!!! Plus, it was family approved! Both my kids (ages 5 and 18 months) loved it, and my husband says he actually prefers it. Wow!


Make it like a normal lasagna:
So I browned 1 lb ground turkey with onion powder (since I had no onion) and a red bell pepper. I added a jar of chunky mushroom and garlic sauce.
Seperately I mixed 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 c parmesean cheese, 1 egg (use 2), 1 cup mozerella cheese, and 1 Tbsp italian seasoning.
Put a little sauce at the bottom of the pan to keep it from sticking. Layer thin slices of zucchini all the way across the casserole dish. Put 1/2 meat mix and 1/2 cheese mix. Another layer zucchini and repeat. Third layer zucchini and any leftover sauce, then top with another cup of mozzerella or jack cheese.
Bake at about 350. To cook the zucchini cover the dish with foil and let bake for 30-40 min, then uncover and bake another 10 min to allow cheese to melt and start to crisp.
Make sure to allow this to cool. It needs the cooling to set the cheese and sauce so its not so messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment