Friday, April 26, 2013

Broccoli Coleslaw

So I make this differently everytime I make it, so I will tell variations as we go.
The coleslaw shown was more of a salad. I chopped up broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, and grated carrots. I added a handful of sliced almonds, a handful of crumbled bacon, then used 1/2c olive oil mayo and 1/4c white vinegar with 1 Tbsp sugar for the sauce. Yummy.

Usually, I get a back of broccoli coleslaw at the store (has broccoli, cabbage, and carrots) and mix with raisins, almonds, and a similar sauce.

This week, I changed my sauce and used 1/4c mayo, 1/2 avocado, and 1/4c vinegar with the sugar. I was extra creamy and added a great flavor.

Craisins are great in this, too, but raisins are cheaper and always in the house.

I love the crunch, the flavor, and the nutrition. It is a great mid-afternoon snack, side for lunch or dinner, it packs well for picnics, etc. I make a large batch and put it in small tupperwares so I just grab it and a fork when I want something.

If you dont like the mayo: Mix 1/4 c sour cream with 1 whole avocado, then mix the vinegar and sugar and you are set.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally going to make this with our pork tomorrow since I was trying to figure out a side dish. Looks amazing (and it's full of healthy fats)!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete